TNT (Thayer and Tuck Entrepreneurial) Mixer
Here's a great chance to start venturing into the tech side. Join us Wednesday, October 7th for the TNT mixer! You'll hear from Thayer students working on projects or looking to join one, over a couple of beers. The only requirement is to introduce yourself in one or two sentences:
e.g. "I'm a Tuck [insert year] student with a background in [insert background/skills] working on/interested in [insert project/industry/other]"
Where there are a limited number of spots, please sign up only if you are certain your schedule is free and you can commit to attend. About the Tuck and Thayer/Thayer and Tuck Joint Program
- When: Wednesday, October 7th @ 5pm
- Where: Glycofi Atrium (Maclean building main entrance, Thayer school)
- Sign Up: Required due to limited spots by 10/1 SIGN UP
Fall Term Founders Grant Application Deadline
Applications to the campus-wide incubator program take place once per academic term (i.e. Fall, Winter, Spring). Submissions are jointly reviewed by a committee consisting of representatives from DEN, Thayer and the Entrepreneurship Initiative at Tuck. The program supports selected teams in all key areas of development for a young venture, including:
- $2K - $5K in Financial support through a DEN Founders Grant
- Basic, pro-bono legal advice through partnerships with legal firms
- Active mentoring from alumni, faculty and local entrepreneurs
- Support from the SCORE network of executives and entrepreneurs
- Access to office space
- Office hours with past incubator teams
- Access to further resources and progressive financing opportunities (up to $25K)
Maynard Info Session
Learn about the Maynard Entrepreneurial Internship Program and hear from 2nd years about their internships and how they benefited.
- When: Wednesday, October 14th @ 12pm
- Where: Danziger Classroom SIGN UP
ENTREPRENEUR IN RESIDENCE SESSION WITH John Pepper D’91, T’97
John Pepper is the co-founder and CEO of Boloco, and a founding investor and board member of B.Good (Boston), as well as Southeast Asian Noodle-focused Kigo Kitchen (Seattle).
He was the 2012 Regional Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year. He also frequently speaks at industry conferences and universities, on topics ranging from entrepreneurship to integration of cutting-edge technology in restaurants.
John graduated from Dartmouth in 1991 and from Tuck 1997. The first Boloco business plan was written (and first restaurant opened) as part of an Entrepreneurship class during his second year at Tuck.
- Public talk*: 12:10pm, General Motors Classroom, Sign Up / If you are not a Tuck student, RSVP here to attend
- Lunch**: 1:15pm, Sign Up
- Eship lessons-learned session @ the DEN w/burritos from Boloco.: 2:10pm, Sign Up
- Dinner (Sept. 28)**: 7:00pm, Sign Up
Notes:*Open to the community, lunch from Boloco will be provided; **Open to Tuck students only
Idea Generation Series
Over the course of the Fall term, the Entrepreneurship Initiative Fellows and the Entrepreneurship Club are encouraging people to come up with and pitch original ideas. From new startups (both tech and non-tech related), to how to improve Tuck, and everything in between. It doesn't matter if your idea is fully developed or if it's just something that popped into your head. All you have to do is say it in under 60 seconds or write it down in a few sentences. To get you started, we will be hosting three Idea Generation sessions throughout the term. We recommend you attend these if you can, but if not, you can submit your ideas anyways. This is a chance to pitch your idea (in fact you can pitch all your ideas) and win cash to start working on it! Now comes the fun part, start talking, start brainstorming, and start pitching.