Richard R. Townsend
Assistant Professor of Business Administration; Daniel T. Revers T’89 Faculty Fellow
DegreePhD, Harvard University, 2011; BA, Stanford University, 2005
AREAS OF EXPERTISECorporate finance, entrepreneurial finance
Current Research Topics
- Venture Capital, Innovation
- Executive Compensation
- Initial Public Offerings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- "Propagation of Financial Shocks: The Case of Venture Capital," Management Science, July 2015
- With S. Bernstein and X. Giroud, "The Impact of Venture Capital Monitoring: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Forthcoming, Journal of Finance
- "Swinging for the Fences: Executive Reactions to Quasi-Random Option Grants"
- "Propagation of Financial Shocks: The Case of Venture Capital"
- "Learning from Luck: Evidence from Mutual Fund Managers"
- Harvard Graduate Fellowship, 2005–11
- Anna Laura Meyers Award, Stanford University, 2005
- National Merit Scholarship, 2001
- Tuck School of Business, 2011–present
- Teaching Fellow, Harvard University, 2007–10
- Intern, Council of Economic Advisors, White House, 2003