Tuck Summer Startup Award
The Tuck Summer Startup Award is designed to minimize the hurdle for a Tuck team interested in seriously pursuing an entrepreneurial venture during their first year summer.
The program leverages the current Barris Incubator structure to support the winning team in all key areas of development for a young startup, including:
- $10K award
- Pro-bono legal advice through the Initiative's partnerships with legal firms
- Active mentoring from alumni, faculty and local entrepreneurs
- Support from the SCORE network of executives and entrepreneurs
- Mid-summer feedback and end-of-summer presentation to investors
- Office hours sessions with graduating Summer Award teams
How to apply
Applications for the Summer Startup Award will be received in April until the deadline of April 18th
Evaluators will mostly focus on the following qualities:
1. Strength of the Team
2. Size and growth of the Market
3. Quality of the Product or Service (value proposition)
4. Credibility of the Business model
5. Clear definition of an action plan for the summer (objectives vs. timeline vs. uses of cash)
6. Team commitment to learn and execute full-time during the summer
All submissions must include a one page Executive Summary and a powerpoint deck (10 slides maximum in main body, excluding cover and agendas; up to 5 appendix slides allowed).
Please submit your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org . No applications will be considered past the deadline.
For more information on the Summer Startup Award, please contact us at email@example.com
If you are looking to intern for existing startup companies then see the ‘Maynard Program’ info here.