Mar 27, 2018
5 Reasons to Attend Tuck Military Visit Day
By David Bates T’18 and Keal Harter T’18
- Upper Valley in spring. Although every season up here has its own flavor, the Upper Valley is a great place to be in the spring. It’s time to turn in the skis for hiking boots and trek the Appalachian Trail; or go for a paddle in a canoe on the Connecticut River—both of which run right past Tuck. Tuck’s unique location provides immediate access to New England’s finest scenic landscapes surrounded by the White and Green mountains. You get to see firsthand how classmates bond together over cabin nights, mountain climbing, biking, and other outdoor activities that build such a tight-knit community. Spring Military Visit Day is the perfect time to visit.
- Meet the staff. Military Visit Day is designed to introduce you to people who are key to the Tuck experience. You can get key insights into the MBA application process and what the Office of Admissions is taking into consideration as they read applications. You will get a sneak peek into how the Career Development Office can you help with your transition. The Financial Aid Office will answer questions about Tuck’s generous Yellow Ribbon Program. You will also have the opportunity to meet members of the MBA Program Office to learn how the Tuck curriculum is structured and discover the intensive courses and immersive experiential learning opportunities offered at Tuck.
- Attend a class. Although the Upper Valley is beautiful outdoors in the spring, Military Visit Day gives you the unique chance to spend some time indoors to sample the classroom experience. You will sit in on core curriculum or electives to see the broad array of coursework provided throughout the MBA experience. This is a great chance to see vibrant faculty-student engagement without the fear of getting cold-called!
- Network with current student veterans and alumni. With over 20 current veterans at Tuck, Military Visit Day is a perfect opportunity to meet members of the Tuck community to learn how veteran-friendly the program is. You get a chance to hear Tuck student and alumni veterans’ stories and why they chose Tuck to help them transition to fields such as consulting, finance, health care, general management, and the tech sector.
- See if Tuck could be right for you. Most importantly, Spring Military Visit Day provides a focused introduction to the Tuck MBA to see if it is a fit for you. As Dean Matthew Slaughter says, “Tuck educates wise leaders to better the world of business.” This is your opportunity to learn why so many veterans find the transition out of the military much smoother by coming to a school that aligns well with the values learned throughout your military experience.
Registration is now open. Please contact Kristin Roth should you have any questions.