Tuck has a 75/25 bid policy for internship on-campus interviews.
This means your company may pre-select up to 75% of the students you wish to interview, and the remainder of your slots will be scheduled through a competitive student bidding process.

Full-time interviews at Tuck do not carry a bidding requirement, and therefore are 100% pre-selected by the company.


Tuck’s policy on job-offer response time is intended to meet the needs of both recruiters and students, and is similar to policies held by other MBA programs.

Second-Year Students

The second-year deadline for return offers received from on-campus internships and full-time on-campus recruiting is November 27, 2019 or three weeks from the offer date, whichever is longer. Offers must remain open until this date.

First-Year Students

The first-year deadline for offers received from on-campus recruiting is February 14, 2020 or three weeks from the offer date, whichever is longer. Offers must remain open until this date.


Please alert Tuck Career Services if you need to cancel your event.
If your event also included catering, we require notice of at least 48 hours in order to cancel with the Catering Office. After this time, cancellation is at the discretion of the Catering Office and any costs will be billed to the company.


Are international students legally authorized to work in the U.S.?

Yes, international students on an F-1 student visa qualify for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) during the summer internship period and have full US work authorization as part of Optional Practical Training (OPT) for up to 12 months post-completion of the MBA program. Students who possess J-1 visas have full US work authorization for up to 18 months as part of Academic Training (AT) work authorization. Employment must be directly related to the student’s major area of study.

Do I have to complete any paperwork for CPT, OPT OR AT?

No, you need not concern yourself with paperwork for F-1 or J-1 students since the necessary work authorization formalities are completed by Dartmouth's International Office.

What about long-term employment?

Beyond a student’s post-completion OPT or AT, a different type of visa is required. The most common temporary worker visa, known as the H-1B, can be obtained for up to six years. The H-1B application process generally takes a few months to complete and has become more restricted as a result of new nationwide quota limitations (known as the H-1B cap). However, Tuck students have a distinct advantage in that additional H-1B allotments have been made available to non-U.S. citizens who hold Masters and PhD degrees from U.S. institutions. It is advisable to consider seeking legal advice to secure and strategize the very precise and detailed H-1B application process.

Do students need a green card?

No. A green card, or immigrant visa classification, confers permanent residency status. Many international students wish to return to their home countries during the course of their careers, therefore a non-immigrant visa will often suffice for up to seven years. To further discuss the regulations related to student visas, or to verify the employment eligibility of a Tuck School graduate, please contact Susan Ellison in the Office of Visa & Immigration Services at Dartmouth College (www.dartmouth.edu/~ovis) at 44 North College Street, Suite 6202, Hanover, NH 03755 or at 603-646-3474.