Last Updated October 5, 2021
- All students who will be on campus for academic year 2021 – 2022 are required to be fully vaccinated. Students can email Dartmouth College Health Service’s medical records team with questions on medical or religious waivers.
- All faculty and staff accessing Dartmouth campuses and buildings are required to be fully vaccinated by September 1. Faculty and staff may request medical or religious waivers through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity.
- Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after their final dose in a COVID-19 vaccine series. Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines are those that received full approval or emergency use authorization by the FDA or those that received or are undergoing assessment for emergency use listing (PDF) by the World Health Organization.
- Submit vaccination documentation:
- Students should submit proof of vaccination to the Dartmouth College Health Service’s medical records team and complete an information consent form through their Health Portal.
- Faculty and staff may submit a picture of the front and back of their completed vaccine card along with a consent to share their data with Dartmouth by filling out an online form with Axiom Medical or, for those who do not have access to a computer or mobile device, by making an appointment with Human Resources (603-646-3411).
- All students, faculty, and staff are expected to get a flu vaccine.
Dartmouth currently requires that all members of our community wear face masks indoors, regardless of whether they are vaccinated. Masking is not required if you are in a private, non-shared space (such as a dorm room or office) or when you are actively eating or drinking. Masking is not required outdoors. Face coverings must:
- Securely cover one’s nose and mouth and fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face;
- Be secure with ties or ear loops;
- Allow for breathing without restriction;
- If made from cloth, include at least 2 layers of fabric;
- Be kept clean.
- Observed testing is currently at the West Gym in Alumni Gym at 16 E. Wheelock St. Schedule a COVID test.
- Unobserved, take-home test kits are now available for students and employees. Current drop-off site locations and hours are posted here.
- Students and employees who are fully vaccinated and have submitted the required documentation will test once a week but can test more frequently if desired.
- Students and employees who are not fully vaccinated (e.g. those with vaccine exemptions) will test twice weekly.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 are exempt from screening testing for 90 days after their test was taken as long as they continue to be symptom free. A date to resume testing will be confirmed for students by the Dartmouth College Health Service and for faculty and staff by Axiom Medical.
Visitors are people who do not work or attend school at Dartmouth College currently. This includes alumni and prospective students. Dartmouth asks that visitors help keep the campus open to in-person engagement by following careful pandemic protocols including being fully vaccinated and wearing a face covering indoors. Visitors should be prepared to present proof that they are compliant with health screening requirements. Acceptable proof includes paper or digital images of a CDC vaccination card, or a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of their arrival to campus. Dartmouth’s full visitor policy can be found here. The College has provided FAQS for visiting alumni.